African Seminar Series
Imaging cells to organisms for basic science and medical research
Date: April 14, 2021
USA (9:00 AM EST and 6:00 AM PT)
Africa (1:00PM GMT, 4:00PM East Africa Time)
Conference link: Zoom link will be sent to registered attendees
Registration and participation is free.
FASEB Conference April 14, 2021
In partnership with the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
FASEB Catalyst Conference.
- Kim McKim, PhD, Professor, Department of Genetics, Rutgers University, USA
- How chromosomes direct their own segregation in Drosophila oocytes.
- Haitham Shaban, PhD, Research Fellow, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, and National Research Centre, Egypt
- Live super-resolution imaging of chromatin structure and dynamics.
- Vincent Amarh, PhD, Lecturer, Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Ghana, Ghana
- Dynamics of RecA-mediated repair of replication-dependent DNA breaks.
- Cassandra Extavour, PhD, (Keynote Speaker), Professor, Departments of Molecular and Cellular Biology; Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University, USA
- Combining quantitative imaging and mathematical modeling to understand nuclear movements in early embryos.
- Doug Richardson, PhD, Director, Harvard Center for Biological Imaging, Harvard University, USA
- Clarifying Tissue Clearing.
Time: 9:00 AM-1:50 PM ET and 2:00 PM-6:00 PM GMT
Registration: Register here
- Widefiled Microscopy
- Electron Microscopy
- Confocal Microscpy
- Super-resolution Microscopy
- Labeling techniques
- Cell and tissue structure
- Disease and pathology
- Image processing
- Data analysis
Health and Diagnostics
- Medical imaging
Kwasi Agbleke, PhD
Harvard Center for Biological Imaging
Sena Institute of Technology, Ghana.
Tom Broker, PhD
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Andrew Seeber, PhD,
Center for Advanced Imaging
Send checks addressed to:
Sena Institute of Technology Foundation
48 Glenville avenue, Unit 8
Boston, MA 02134, USA
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tom Broker's inaugural Presentation (Feb 2021):
Early Electron Microscopic Studies of DNA Structures, Genome Organization and Gene Expression in Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes.
Andrew Seeber, PhD, Harvard Center for Advanced Imaging, presentation on chromatin mobility and precision genome engineering.