Agriculture and Natural Resources
In this global era, it is disheartening that farmers are substituting local crops with foreign crops that have been well characterized. It is our goal to create an electronic database of local food and medicinal crops as our effort towards food security. We work with farmers through workshops and focus group discussions on sustainable farming practices as well as better characterization of local crops and plants.
- Train new farmers in the region for sustainable food
- Encourage new farming techniques.
- Introduce new crops and plants into the region to
increase the nutritional supplements.
- Introduce and develop climate adaptable crops to withstand drought.
Biology, Chemistry and Molecular Genetics
This discipline is focused on deciphering life at the molecular level. Scientists in biomedical sciences will develop new tools and systems to study the basic mechanisms driving cellular function. Basic areas of research include
- Cell Biology, Developmental Biology and Genetics.
- Microscopy and Image processing
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Drug discovery and
Engineering, Physics and Material Sciences
This discipline is involved in new material design, tools and system optimization. Some areas of research interest include hydrogels, chemical modifications, cosmic simulations and nanoparticles. The discipline is also involved in tissue engineering and imaging such as MRI and crystallography.
- 3D modeling and printing
- Natural material research
Public Health, Medical Sciences and Health Policy
Major goals as a discipline are:
- Promote public health awareness.
- Research into the medical and clinical sciences.
- Develop policies to promote health and longevity.
Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
Statistical and Data Analysis Center:
In consultation with professionals and experts here in the USA and in Ghana we will establish a data analysis center to support research institutions in Ghana and elsewhere on the continent. This discipline is focused on data modeling and simulations using tools such as Matlab, Mathematica, SAS and programming languages such as Python, Perl and R. In addition, these tools will be used in interdisciplinary fields involving other fields such Biology, Economics, Finance and Policy Developments.