Sena institute of Technology is a private non-profit research center in Ghana. The institute is a startup with a mission of promoting research capacity in Ghana and in other African countries. Located at the border between Ghana’s Capital, Accra and Togo’s Capital, Lome, enabling bilingual team interactions. The official language of Ghana is English and that of Togo is French. The Institute is located about 3 hours’ drive from the Ghana capital and an hour from Togo’s capital. A primary aim is to bridge the various research and cultural gaps between both countries.
Due to our private and nonprofit status in Ghana, we can
- Engage collaborating professionals from nearby institutions.
- Work with multiple institutions and organizations across the region and continent.
- Fulfill our commitments to fostering open science and to bridging scientific knowledge across Africa.
- Function with a highly structured and yet agile and non-bureaucratic model to provide efficient and effective support to the research and learning communities.
- Work on novel technologies at SIT.
- Get global experience through international partnerships.
- Work in an interdisciplinary research environment.
- Work with researchers globally.
- Provide entrepreneurial opportunities to students to work within and outside Ghana.
- Facilitate completion of research ethics and clinical research guidelines in Ghana.
- A digital plant herbarium database.
- A Sub-Saharan African Genome Repository.
- Local development of bacterial culture media.
- Seminar and conference organization
- 3D Prosthetic (Sena Leg) through SIT Fab Lab
- Training workshops for high school students
Available internship roles:
- Database management personnel.
- 3D modeling and print designer.
- High school tutors in related topics.
- Program management coordinator.
- Social media and marketing personnel.
- Fundraising and account management.
- Website designer and IT management.
Amenities at SIT:
- Affordable hotel accommodation (White Dove Hotel, Bubune Hotel, Mike G Hotel) within 10 minute from the institute.
- Constant power supply with a back up generator.
- Connectivity to mobile and internet services.
- District hospital ( St. Anthony's Catholic Hospital) within 15 min from the institute.
- Touristic sites includes Denu sandy beach on the Atlantic Ocean, Lake Volta, Mt. Afadjato (the highest mountain in Ghana), Wli waterfall (the tallest waterfall in West Africa) and regional festivals (Deza, Ngoryiza and Hogbetsotso).
- Easy access to Togo's capital, Lome.