Covid19 is a disease caused by a new coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2.
There’s currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Covid19 Resources can be found below:
Covid-19 Dos and Don’ts:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (within 2 meters or 6 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
The current coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic is putting a significant strain on healthcare systems globally. Personal protection equipment such as surgical masks and respirators are the most sought after resource for protecting healthcare professionals who are at the forefront of the fight against this deadly disease. The limited access to N95 masks is exposing healthcare professionals to the disease worsening the situation. We have also observed that countries that do not put in place adequate resources experience the most fatality as seen in Italy and Spain.
In partnership with Mr. Jordan Elevons, a 3D Design Engineer, he has developed and tested a low-cost 3D-printed face mask that is reusable, and can be manufactured locally. We will supply at least 50,000 respirator masks to hospitals in Ghana to combat the Covid-19 disease. For more information check Jordan Elevons’ blog.